How To Set Up Your Email In Outlook 2010
Adding a New Account
1. Open Outlook > Select File menu > Select Info > Click Add Account Button
2. Choose to "Manually configure server settings" > Click Next
3. Choose "Internet E-Mail" > Click Next
1. Please enter your name, as you want it to appear on your outbound E-mail messages.
2. Please enter your Email Address
3. Enter your Email Address for the User Name
4. Enter your Email Password > Check Remember Password
5. For Incoming Server put: mail.yourdomainname.com (Replace yourdomainname.com with your domain name)
6. For Outgoing Server put: mail.yourdomainname.com (Replace yourdomainname.com with your domain name)
More Required Settings
1. Click More Settings > Click Outgoing Server Tab
2. Click the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication"
3. Click "Use same settings as my incoming mail server
4. Click Advanced tab
5. Change Incoming server (IMAP) port to: 143
6. Change Outgoing server (SMTP) port to: 587
7. Click OK button
1. While on the E-mail Accounts screen, click the Test Account Settings button.
2. This will both check your settings and send a test E-mail to yourself to confirm that everything is working. If you receive any errors, please check your configuration.
3. Click the Close button on the Test Account Settings window.
4. Click Next on the E-mail Accounts window.
5. Click the Finish button.
You should now be able to send and receive mail on Outlook!