You are here: Portal Home > Knowledgebase > Email > How To Set Up Your Email In Thunderbird
How To Set Up Your Email In Thunderbird
1. Open Thunderbird > Press Alt Key
Click the Tools menu and then select the Account Settings option.
2. Click the Account Actions button > Add Mail Account.
3. Fill in your name, full email address, and password and click Continue.
4. Thunderbird will then try to find the correct configuration. You will need to click the Manual Config button when available.
5. With the Manual Config window open, change:
Incoming Server Hostname from yourdomain.com to mail.yourdomain.com and change SSL to None (Port 143)
Outgoing Server Hostname from yourdomain.com to mail.yourdomain.com and change SSL to None (Port 587)
*Note: If having your email seccured with HTTPS/SSL is important to you, please visit this page for Host Name settings and Port settings
Username to your full email address
and then click Done.
6. If prompted a red warning page, click the I understand the risks checkbox and click Done.
Add to Favourites
Print this Article