How To Set Up Your Email In Gmail
This will show you how to import/receive your emails in your personal Gmail Account:|
1. Log into your Gmail account
2. At the top right of the screen, click the gear icon button -> Settings
3. Once in settings, Click the Accounts tab
4. Click the option that says "Add a IMAP mail account you own"
5. A dialog box should pop open, enter your full email address (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org), click Next Step
6. Change the following information to yours:
- Username: Your full email address (email@example.com)
- Password: Your email password
- IMAP Server: mail.yourdomain.com (Change yourdomain.com to your domain name)
- Port: 143
- SMTP Server: mail.yourdomain.com (Change yourdomain.com to your domain name)
- Select SSL option
- Port: 587
*Note: If having your email seccured with HTTPS/SSL is important to you, please visit this page for Host Name settings and Port settings
(If you are using POP settings, use Port 110 for the incoming server and use Port 465 for the outgoing server)
7. Click finish.
Your company email should now funnel into your personal Gmail account.
Follow these steps if you would like to send from yourcompany.com email using your personal Gmail account:
1. Click the gear in the top right corner
2. Select 'Settings'
3. Click the 'Accounts and Import' tab
4. Under Send mail as, click 'Add another email address'
5. In the 'Email address' field, enter your name and your branded email adress (firstname.lastname@example.org)
6. Check the 'treat as an alias' box
7. Enter the SMTP server: mail.yourdomain.com (Google defaults to smtp.yourdomain - so make sure you change the 'smtp' to 'mail')
8. Enter your email (email@example.com) and your password for that account.
9. Select 'SSL' and choose port setting 465
10. Select 'Add Account'
11. Go to tunamail.net and retrieve the confirmation code and enter it to complete the set-up.